It is an explanation of what we are doing to observe visitors and members on our website. It declares our policy on how we gather, use, manage, store and release any personal information we collect. It informs you what specific information is collected, and whether it is kept confidential, shared with partners, or sold to other firms or enterprises.
www.acommunity.co.uk is operated by Acommunity Limited, a company registered in England under company number 09506671 with a registered office at 2 Battle Road, Tewkesbury Gloucestershire GL20 5TZ, United Kingdom.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You can check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated in July 2018.
As a rule cookies will make your browsing experience better. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can stop cookies being used on this website and on others (but this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website).
The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your internet browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to meet certain legal requirements
- improve our products and services
- to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or postal mail
- to customise the website according to your interests.
- forward the information collected about you to selected third parties who may use it for marketing purposes, and for providing the services you order from them. You can exercise your right to prevent us sharing your data with these third parties at any time by contacting us using the details above.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you use these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us. See contact details
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You can request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the address above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be wrong.
By using the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out above.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.